The F-B-I says a pipe bomb like 17 others found in Iowa and other states has turned up in a rural Texas mailbox. Investigators say a letter was also attached to the latest bomb. Fear has turned to indignation among some eastern Iowa residents as they go about their lives in the wake of the mailbox bombings. Cedar County Sheriff Dan Hannes (han’-us) says blowing up mailboxes isn’t the way to solve a problem. Hannes says he doesn’t know who the bomber is mad at, and says if he doesn’t like things here, he can move. Delores Werling was injured by one of the bombs, but she says it isn’t going to stop her. She says she’ll carry on with her lifestyle without any fear. Authorities are looking for a geographical pattern to what some are calling a new spree of domestic terrorism.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk