The man held in connection with a five-state pipe-bombing spree will make his initial court appearance in Cedar Rapids tomorrow afternoon.Officials say 21-year-old Luke Helder of Pine Island, Minnesota, will appear at 4:30 Friday in the U-S district courthouse in downtown Cedar Rapids, to face the first federal charges in the case. Tuesday, Helder was captured east of Reno Nevada. The FBI says Helder put a total of 18 explosives in rural mailboxes, injuring six people. Several bombs went off last Friday in eastern Iowa. Linn County Sheriff Don Zeller says security will be stepped up.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer