President Bush touted a bill that’d help the nation’s insurance industry.A bill in Congress would ensure the government would cover the costs of another terrorist attack. Many insurance companies are refusing to offer policies for skyscrapers and other major building projects for fear of another attack like the ones that felled the World Trade Center towers. Bush says the for the good of working people, the U-S Congress needs to pass the bill. He says it would help ensure economic security.Forty thousand Iowans are employed in the insurance industry.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old