Authorities in Iowa and Nebraska are investigating the shooting death of the manager of a nursing home in southwest Iowa. The body of 44-year-old Kevin Morse was found near the Missouri River bridge in Nebraska City, Nebraska. Morse, who was manager of the Country Acres Care Facility south of Sidney, called the home at about 4:30 yesterday afternoon to say he’d been shot, but Morse couldn’t tell ’em where he was, then his cell phone went dead. A manhunt was launched in the region. Fremont County Sheriff Steve McDonald says two of Morse’s employees found his pick-up parked on a Missouri River levee. They saw two white men in their early 20s were seen fleeing the crime scene.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness