An eastern Iowa jail employee could find himself on the other side of the bars. A Scott County Jail bailiff has been fired and is under investigation for improper behavior. That follows a complaint received by the Scott County Sheriff’s Office regarding his behavior away from work. The man’s name has not been released, but Sheriff Dennis Conard says his office is conducting both internal and criminal investigations. Even though the complaint does not involve the bailiff’s behavior at work, Conard says law officers are held to a higher standard than others. Bailiffs in Scott County escort inmates to court, transport them when needed and serve warrants. They also attend court appearances and stand watch in courtrooms and provide security at the courthouse.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire