Grinnell High School girls’ golf coach Arvilla Altemeier is back from a trip to the National High School Athletic Association annual meeting where she was a finalist for “Golf Coach of the Year.” Altemeier says it was a good experience to talk with coaches from across the nation, although she says most of the things they talked about don’t pertain to Grinnell because the school is small.She says she saw a lot of people from Iowa at the meeting in Pennsylvania.Altemeier didn’t win the national award, but was happy to be there. Altemeier has led Grinnell to four championships, the most in Class 2A by any school. That includes the last two titles.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature