The trial of Donald Boss of Remsen, who is accused of murdering his 10-year-old son, will not be moved out of Plymouth County.Boss’ attorney cited pre-trial publicity and a survey of potential jurors in his request to move the trial. Judge James Scott ruled the extensive pre-trial publicity has been generally accurate, not inflammatory, and does not raise a presumption of prejudice. Judge Scott does say the results of the juror survey show a need for close scrutiny of prospective jurors to select an impartial panel. Scott says he will reconsider the ruling, if necessary, during the jury selection process. The case is set to go to trial October 15th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal