Four state employees have been fired for “inappropriate use of e-mail.” State officials won’t say what the workers did to get themselves fired. Julie Economaki of the Iowa Department of Personnel won’t say in which agency or agencies the already-fired workers were employed either.Economaki says there’s an on-going investigation, and more workers could be fired or disciplined. She says the policy in question says state equipment should be used for state business. Economaki calls the situation disappointing. Economaki says the vast majority of state workers would never think of misusing their computer privileges. In a prepared statement, Department of Personnel director Molly Anderson said no state employee should use state equipment inappropriately, especially to disseminate offensive materials.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G