Dyersville-Beckman is returning to the class 2A state championship game after a 14-4 semifinal win over Albia in Marshalltown. Chris Palmer took the mound in relief for Beckman with one out in the third inning. He gave up five hits, but only two runs to get the win.Palmer says he relied mainly on his curve ball to keep the Albia hitters in check.Beckman coach Tom Jenk says Palmer’s steady performance was key.Jenk says all the infield practice this season paid off when it was needed.Albia coach Boyd Brittain says his pitchers gave up too many free passes.Brittain says this team has set some new standards for the school.Albia finishes the season at 35-10. Dyersville-Beckman advances to the title game with a 30-12 record. They won the title in their last appearance in the championship game in 2000.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Treehouse Village attraction to open soon at Iowa Arboretum
- Iowa Senate votes to end gender balance rule for boards, commission
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer