A special state Commission has narrowed the ideas for the back of the state quarter. The State Quarter Commission has selected seven ideas that’ll be submitted to artists who’ll come up with the final designs. The ideas for the state quarter range from the specific to the general. “Feeding the world” focuses on the productivity of Iowa’s land, “beautiful land” focuses on the appeal of the land formations, and “land between two rivers” celebrates having the Mississippi and Missouri Rivers as the state’s borders. The group is forwarding the idea of honoring the “Five Sullivan brothers” of Waterloo who died when their World War II Navy ship sunk. And three other vague ideas focusing on “education”, Iowa’s “rural and urban” character, and “agriculture” and “technology” round out the list. The State Quarter Commission will meet on August 16th to review the artists’ work.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old