Police are calling the weekend death of a Davenport man suspicious. A friend found the body of 58-year-old Ronald Eugene Brinkley shortly after 7:30 on Sunday morning in west Davenport. Brinkley did odds jobs at a rental property near where he was found. Neighbors say he was well liked. The man who discovered the body told the media that it was bruised, suggesting Brinkley had been in a fight or perhaps beaten to death. An autopsy is being scheduled.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions
- Humboldt Middle School teacher charged with sexual exploitation of a student
- Lawmaker launches converation about cutting Iowa casino taxes
- Author of the Bass Reeves trilogy to appear in Iowa tonight