University of Iowa grads across the nation were stunned and saddened by last November’s fire that demolished Old Capitol’s cupola and golden dome. As repairs begin on the historic structure next month, anyone with an Internet connection will be able to watch the rebuilding process. U-of-I information technologist David Dobbins says a “webcam” is being readied.The video camera will be mounted on the roof of Phillips Hall, which is across the street from Old Capitol. Dobbins says it’ll broadcast on the Internet live pictures around-the-clock of the Iowa City campus.Dobbins says it doesn’t cost much to offer the view which so many people will want to see via the World Wide Web. The webcam is not yet operational but should be by September first. Look for a link to it from the U-of-I’s main webpage at “www.uiowa.edu”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill