A southeast Iowa law officer has been suspended after his arrest earlier this week on “peeping Tom” charges. 49-year-old Gary Whittington, a Wapello County deputy sheriff, was arrested Sunday night on a “peeping Tom” charge in a residential area of Ottumwa’s south side. It’s a simple misdemeanor that carries a 100-dollar fine, if convicted. Whittington has been with the department 24 years. He’s pleaded not guilty to charges and goes to trial in November.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Supreme Court reverses ruling giving Manchester man a third attempted murder trial
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos