One person is dead, another injured, after a motorcycle crash early Sunday near the eastern Iowa town of Maysville. The Scott County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the one-vehicle accident. Deputies say it took place about 12:30 in the morning. But it was three and a half hours later when a newspaper delivery person discovered and reported it. The motorcycle driver, 39-year-old George Roe of Buffalo, was dead at the scene. A passenger, his wife, 39-year-old Deidra Ann Roe, was hospitalized in stable condition. Both were thrown from the bike when it missed a curve.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!