Storm Lake’s dealing with this year’s second tragic death of a child, this one just reported over the weekend. Early Saturday morning police were called to a house on Russell Street on a report of a baby not breathing. They found a month-and-a-half-old baby girl, took her to the Buena Vista County Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead shortly after arrival. The baby, who’s identified as Lammone Princess Bounsavath, was taken to the state medical examiner’s office in Des Moines for an autopsy. The Storm Lake police and Buena Vista County have launched an investigation. Police will have more information tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal