Iowa beat Akron 51-21 Saturday in Iowa City. The Hawkeyes jumped out to a 37-to-zero lead by the end of the first quarter — the most points a Hawkeye team has ever amassed in a single quarter. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says it’s good to get the victory and get valuable experience for young players. Ferentz says he was pleased that his team was ready to go at the kick off, something he says gives them a good chance to win any game.Ferentz liked the play of his offensive line, as he says they needed the line to play well. He says they were able to get some of the younger linemen some needed experience for the future.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response