The Republican candidate for Attorney General is accusing the Democrat who’s currently Attorney General of using the office for partisan politics. Dave Millage, a lawyer from Bettendorf, says Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller should not have filed a “friend of the court” brief supporting Al Gore’s side in the Supreme Court case that decided the 2000 election.Millage says Miller used taxpayer dollars to engage in partisan politics, and was one of a handful of Attorney Generals to file the briefs. He says the ones that filed were all democrats.Millage says there was no benefit to the state of Iowa from Miller getting involved in the case.Millage says the Bush v. Gore case involved Florida election law and had nothing to do with Iowa. A spokesman for Attorney General Tom Miller has not returned a phone call from Radio Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill
- Just back from the border, Nunn talks with Iowans about stopping opioids
- Wife of murdered Iowa prison guard calls for expanding union rights
- Bill tightens Iowa’s ban on foreign ownership of farmland
- House sends governor repeal of Iowa’s gender balance rule for boards, commissions