The Wapello County Board of Supervisors have dealt a blow to plans for a special events center in Ottumwa, but still have 180 days to change their mind. The board voted 2-1 approving a resolution to not contribute one million dollars to the center. The county’s money is needed to secure seven-point-five million dollars in Vision Iowa money from the state. Supervisor chairman Jerry Parker says it’s apparent the controversial project faces several lawsuits.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G