While the state’s big art show was in western Iowa’s Sioux City last weekend, today the eastern Iowa city of Davenport holds its “Beaux Arts Fair,” beaux, being French for fine. Tom Majors is fair chairman and says artists from seven states will be displaying their best work for sale.About 130 artists will be showing their stained glass, photography, wood carving, weaving, paintings, and drawings. Majors says you won’t have to spend a lot to take home a piece of art.Majors says this is the 30th year for the festival in downtown Davenport, which will benefit future art lovers.There’s also a variety of entertainment, children’s activities, food and more. The show is on today and tomorrow between Brady and Harrison streets on Second Street. For more information, go to “www.visitquadcities.com”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall