Officials have determined the cause of the fire that killed a Sac City man Friday morning. The home was engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived early Friday morning. The occupant of the house — 49-year-old Russell Bruns — was discovered in the house and removed by firefighters. Bruns was pronounced dead by Sac County Medical Examiner. A Sac City Police spokesman says the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical-related and an accident. The preliminary autopsy investigation determined Bruns died of smoke inhalation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern
- Federal judge blocks carbon pipeline zoning rules in two Iowa counties
- Weather warm up is on the way
- Model shows how weather can impact the success of deer hunters
- Study showing rise in suicide rates could be particular worry for Iowa