Two people were shot to death in a Des Moines home last night. Police say it does not appear to be a murder-suicide, but instead, it’s likely a double-murder. The unidentified woman’s body was found in the living room of the house while a dead man was in the basement. He’s tentatively identified as 21-year-old Emanuel Burgs Junior. Investigators say two phone calls were made about 11 o’clock last night, reporting shots fired. Police are still looking for witnesses — and suspects.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record