A memorial service is being planned for an eastern Iowa fireman who was killed battling a weekend blaze. Michael Kruse had 27 years experience on the Muscatine Fire Department. Late Saturday night, he was on the roof of a burning three-story multi-family house. Part of the structure collapsed and Kruse fell through, apparently dropping several floors. It’s not clear what caused the fire or exactly what killed Kruse. Investigations are underway. It’s the first time in more than two years an Iowa firefighter has died in the line of duty. Kruse is also the first-ever death in the Muscatine fire department.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record