A Tennessee pilot and his plane escaped damage after an emergency landing in a northeast Iowa field Monday. 71-year-old Charles Crume was flying from Minnesota to Tennessee when his single-engine plane experienced engine trouble. Crume was forced to land in a cornfield near Waverly. Crume and a passenger, 47-year-old Margaret Crume, walk away with no injuries. There was also very little damage to the plane.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk