Iowa closed out non-conference action with a 48-7 victory over Utah State. The Hawkeyes piled up 518 yards of total offense an will open Big-10 play this week at 12th ranked Penn State. Ferentz says this has been a good way to start the season heading into conference play. Iowa led 24-7 at the half and blew the game open in the second half by scoring off a blocked punt and a Utah State fumble. Ferentz says scoring on defense is something they haven’t done yet, and it was good to see.Quarterback Brad Banks was 15 of 29 for 185-yards in the game. Jermell Lewis had 109 yards on the ground and Banks says the success of all the tailbacks has made his job a lot easier.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk