Senator Charles Grassley says now’s a crucial time for efforts to boost Medicaid payments for Iowa doctors and hospitals treating elderly patients.Grassley, a Republican, says he is “going to the mat” to develop a “tri-partisan” solution to the problem that involves key Democrats and the Senate’s only Independent member. However, Grassley’s worried as he says some members of the Congressional leadership don’t consider the issue of high priority. Plus, the Senate’s been bogged down on two bills for the past two weeks.Grassley’s worried the Medicaid issue might get “waylaid” by the last minute rush of legislators who want to get out of Washington and hit the campaign trail.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G