More than 140-thousand emergency calls are made from wireless phones and Iowa’s wireless networks are asking parents to make sure their kids know how to use a wireless phone to dial 9-1-1. U-S Cellular spokeswoman Michelle Groves says parents need to show kids the important buttons to push.Groves, a manager for U-S Cellular in the Mason City area, says you should do a practice call with the child.Groves says make sure your kids know how to tell where they are or how to look for certain landmarks they can tell the operator.Nearly 90-percent of wireless phone consumers cite safety and security as the reasons they own a wireless phone.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk