Authorities in north-central Iowa are releasing details now of a high-speed chase and a hit-and-run crash that killed one person. An Arizona man allegedly ran a stop sign in Hamilton County and broadsided another car near the Hamilton/Hardin County line on Friday night. Michael Dunn was clocked in Story County doing 85 miles an hour and eluded authorities. The driver of the car that was struck, 18-year-old Lisa Oetken of Akron, was killed. Oetken’s two passengers were hurt, one critically. Dunn was also injured. Charges against him are pending.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa