Firefighters in northeast Iowa’s Fayette County are in some hot water over cold drinks. Members of the Elgin Volunteer Fire Department threaten to quit their jobs after the city’s insurance carrier threatened to cancel coverage after learning alcohol was being kept inside the fire station’s fridge. Residents and city council members were upset after finding out the city-owned refrigerator was holding booze. The beer’s since been removed but many firefighters threaten to quit over the issue, claiming their reputations are on the line due to the negative publicity.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!