Some of the top pumpkin growers in the Midwest gathered in Iowa over the weekend. A Minnesota man took first place in the annual “Ryan Norland pumpkin weigh off” at the annual Pumpkin Fest in Anamosa. Jerald Johnson’s giant gourd weighed one-thousand-83-and-a-half pounds. Bob Rough of Garnavillo, Iowa won second place with one-thousand-56-and-a-half pumpkin pounds. Johnson takes home 15-hundred dollars as winner of the contest that drew entrants from as far away as Colorado.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime