A group that’s traveling across the state handing out gun locks is about to the halfway point as it stops in Des Moines Sunday and Monday. Kristin Tyll, a spokesperson for “Project Homesafe,” says they’re giving away the locks and also have an education trailer.She says they have 25-thousand free gun locks to give out and are also asking kids to sign a pledge to not play with guns unless they have permission.She says they’ll stop in every area of the state by the time they’re done.She says Iowans have shown interest already with lots of questions and many people seeking information and locks.The locks are free through a federal grant to the Department of Justice.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk