A northeast Iowa high school canceled its Homecoming Dance Saturday night after a student was killed in a traffic accident that afternoon. 17-year-old Carrie Matthias of Sumner was killed when the car she was driving went out of control, crashed and rolled into a ditch about 2 P.M. in Bremer County. Matthias was thrown from the vehicle. She was a student at Waspsie Valley High School in Fairbank.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate OKs rules for plant or insect based proteins labeled as meat
- Northeast Iowa deputy awarded medal for bravery
- Federal appeals court rules on Iowa law banning school mask mandates
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email