Newton-based Maytag — the nation’s third-largest home appliance maker — has posted higher-than-expected third quarter earnings. Maytag Chairman and C-E-O Ralph Hake says the acquisition of Amana had a lot to do with it. He says they’ve already spent 50 percent more than last year on capital.Hake says they’ve also introduced a number of new products like the floor mate cleaner and the refurbished Amana bottom out refrigerator. He says they’ve also grown the Gen Air brand and are working to regrow the Amana brand. Maytag posted a profit of over 100-million dollars, which translated into 71-cents per share. Maytag stock closed at 20-dollars-and-57-cents per share yesterday on the New York Stock Exchange.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk