Fairfield’s meditating community and Vedic City residents hosted officials from a new sort of country Tuesday which is setting up shop in southeast Iowa.The organization calls itself the Global Country of World Peace. Officials say it’s a country without borders which is designed to promote world peace and economic development. The group has 40 departments which involve various activities, including: finance, education, celebration and economic development. Each “ministry” coincides with a section of ancient Indian philosophy. Ground was also broken Tuesday on a new housing complex for eight-thousand meditators from India who plan a regimen of intense meditation to send out “good vibes” and influence world events in a positive way.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness