The ninth ranked Cyclones could make their biggest statement yet when they visit second-rated Oklahoma tomorrow. Iowa State coach Dan McCarney says the Sooner defense may be the best in the nation but the Cyclones must find a way to keep their offense on the field and control the football. Oklahoma has been difficult to run against and McCarney says Seneca Wallace will need time to throw. He says the linebackers are as fast as defensive backs, and they need to protect Wallace. He says it won’t work to have Wallace scrambling all day.McCarney says Cyclones have the confidence it takes to win a game of this magnitude.The 15th ranked Iowa Hawkeyes look to stay unbeaten in the Big Ten with a visit to Indiana. The Hoosiers are 3-3 after last week’s upset of Wisconsin and Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says they have made great strides under first year coach Jerry DiNardo. Ferentz says the Hoosier defense will try to create big plays with blitzes and an attacking defense.Ferentz says he was not shocked by Indiana’s win over Wisconsin and says the Hawks will need a good effort to claim a win.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal