During a stop in Ankeny today, the U-S Commerce Secretary declared that trade is the way to make peace around the globe. U-S Commerce Secretary Don Evans says the free enterprise, competitive system leads to innovation, higher productivity, growth and a higher standard of living, so that people demand the kind of freedoms we enjoy in America. Evans says trade leads to better communication with people around the globe, which will make the world more friendly. Evans stopped at Mrs. Clark’s foods in Ankeny to present an Export Achievement Award to the company.Mrs. Clark’s had zero exports five years ago. Today, 10 percent of their products are shipped out of the country. Sales during that five year period have grown from 15 millionto 75 million dollars annually. He calls it a living example of how important trade is to America.Mrs. Clark’s markets mayonnaise, juices and other foods.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill