Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley says the Panthers aren’t just playing out the string as they prepare to battle Indiana State. U-N-I’s playoff hopes faded away following last Saturday’s loss to Illinois State which dropped the Panther’s overall record to 4-4. He says they’re playing because they have a lot of fight left in them and have a lot left to prove.Farley says they will not be thinking ahead to next year. He says they’re going to play their next three games like they mean everything to the team, and says he won’t sacrifice the season for the seniors who’ve contributed so much.Farley wants to send the seniors out on a positive note with the remainder of the season, and that means a three-game win streak to finish the season.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Educational tour on stopping scammers to visit several Iowa cities
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting