The Speaker of the U-S House campaigned in eastern Iowa Wednesday. House Speaker Dennis Hastert visited Cedar Rapids to campaign for fellow republican Congressman Jim Leach. Hastert is trying to help Leach and help keep his own job as speaker by maintaining the republican’s slim five vote margin in the House. Hastert says Iowa’s Senate race is also key to republicans. He says time and money will go to a dozen close races nationwide, including the Ganske/Harkin Senate race in Iowa.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old