A cat owned by an eastern Iowa couple has finished second in a national contest.Tommy, dubbed “the praying cat”, won his owners, Matt and Julie Lux of rural Monticello, a free trip to New York City for the “Arm and Hammer Coolest Cat Contest.” Tommy’s trick is to sit up and hold his paws and move them like he was praying. The kitty was to shy to perform the trick during the Thursday contest, but a videotape of a past performance was used. Tommy lost the 10-thousand dollar top prize to a cat from New York who could drink from a water cooler. Tommy and his owners won a year’s supply of cat liter, a subscription to a cat magazine, and a trophy.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI