An Ely man is accused of getting his neighbor’s goat — so he could eat it. 19-year-old Timothy Ferguson is charged with abuse of livestock and possession of marijuana after a goat owned by a neighbor was spotted tied to a tree in Ferguson’s yard. The goat’s throat had been cut. Ferguston told authorities he intended to eat the goat. He was arrested Wednesday and is being held in the Linn County jail.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill