Backers of a “Vision Iowa” project that’ll improve the area along the Mississippi River in Clinton have reached their private fundraising goal. The 27-million dollar “Things to Do with a River View” plan includes a new marina and improvements to Clinton’s minor league baseball stadium. Dennis Lauver of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce says they’ve surpassed the private fundraising goal of four-point-eight million dollars.Last week, the Clinton County Gaming Association pledged two-million dollars, then an anonymous, private corporate donor pledged 200-thousand to put ’em over the top. The city of Clinton has pledged four-point-eight million. Lauver says the City Council will now decide how to proceed with the project.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response