The quarterfinal round of the high school football playoffs continue tonight with action in three classes. In class 1A, top-ranked Treynor visits fourth ranked Manning in a rematch of a season opening game won by Treynor. Manning coach Floyd Forman says they are looking forward to the rematch, because he says if they’re going to go all the way, they knew they would have to meet them again to get to the championship game.Forman calls it a huge challenge for his team. He says the kids are glad they’re going to play Treynor, although he says he’s not so sure as a coach, but says his will have to be ready.Forman says these are the kinds of games they look forward to. He says it’s exciting, but also makes them a little nervous.The second of two games in the UNI-DOME features class 1A tenth-ranked Dike-New Hartford against number-six West Hancock. Dike-New Hartford coach Tom Wilson says they will have to contend with West Hancock’s physical style.Wilson says the Wolverines will need to counter with a balanced attack.West Hancock coach Bob Sanger is concerned with Dike-New Hartford’s speed and says they will need to contend with Dike’s balance.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk