Two Iowa men who left for New York earlier this week are taking part in a film interview for a new N-B-C morning TV program titled “The John Walsh Show.” Joseph Stepanek and Brandon Trapp left Wednesday for the special filming segment. Also along on the trip were Lisa, Tyler and Megan Ellison of Lisbon, who the men are credited with saving after the family’s sport utility vehicle caught fire after a traffic accident in Marion in October 2001. For their heroic efforts, both men were presented with the Governor’s Valor Award during the Iowa State Fair. They also received the national Carnegie Medal of Heroism earlier this year. The film interview, which will include a dramatized portrayal of the accident, was expected to take a couple of days. There’s no word yet on when the segment will air.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk