Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz say with “the hay in the barn” the Hawkeyes can now afford to kick back. Iowa polished off its first unbeaten Big Ten season since 1922 with a 45-21 win at Minnesota and must now wait to see if they will share the Big Ten crown with Ohio State and which bowl game they’ll be traveling to. He says he’sa great believer you have to work hard, and an even bigger believer you have to rest hard. He says his players have earned that right.After a season with no off-week the players could use some rest.Ferentz says with the season complete he can now follow the B-C-S and become a fan for a few weeks. He says he’s anxious to catch up on what’s happening with other teams, and he says he’s interest in watching this week’s Ohio State/Michigan game to see if they end up cochamps or sole champs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Work underway on new multi million dollar terminal for Des Moines Airport
- Iowa Business Council survey finds national economic conditions weighing on the state
- Affordable housing, senior housing remain major obstacles
- Fort Dodge man accused of killing his father
- Central Iowa man charged with murder of four-month-old