Tens of thousands of Hawkeye and Cyclone football fans are expected to follow their teams to bowl games in about six weeks — and the frenzied sign-up for tickets is already underway. There’s no guarantee Iowa will get invited to the coveted Rose Bowl. Still, the University of Iowa’s Alumni Association is selling Pasadena packages, as association vice president Chris Bavolack is assuming the Rose Bowl will be the one, though there’s a chance it’ll be the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, Arizona, or some other bowl. If that happens, those who bought Rose Bowl packages will be given the first opportunity at other bowl tickets.Bavolack says the Iowa Alumni Association is offering a variety of Rose Bowl packages in several price ranges.The Hawkeyes’ only loss this season, of course, was to Iowa State — and the Cyclones too are expecting a bowl bid. Speculation abounds but specifics aren’t expected until December 8th when the Bowl Championship Series invitations are finalized. For more details on advance packages, call the alumni associations at Iowa or Iowa State.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill