The former Sheriff of Kossuth County has entered a written guilty plea to three felony counts of crimes committed while in office. Kevin Van Otterloo pleaded guilty Monday to theft, forgery and misconduct in office. Van Otterloo allegedly misused his Sheriff’s department credit card and other accounts for more than 100-thousand dollars in personal purchases. Van Otterloo could face 20 years in prison. He could also have to pay a 25-thousand dollar fine and repay all of the money. His hearing is scheduled for December 2nd.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk