A February trial date is set for an Alton man who faces charges of murder and assisting suicide. 20-year-old Dustin Steinstra pleaded not guilty in Sioux County court. He’s charged after the investigation of a murder-suicide in Hospers. The bodies of John Turpin the Third and his former girlfriend, Sara Ann Harvey of Orange City, were found in late October. It’s believed Turpin shot Harvey several times, then shot himself. 20-year-old is charged with aiding and abetting Turpin. Authorities claim Turpin told Steinstra he planned to kill Harvey and himself, but Steinstra withheld the information.Trial is slated to begin February 4th.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate passes religious freedom bill on 31-16 vote
- Supreme Court considers Sioux City case involving the right to call a lawyer
- Webster City man facing animal neglect charges
- Iowan leading board of national council that promotes composting
- Report: Cancer cases are rising in Iowa while cancer deaths fall