The former Kossuth County sheriff has gotten off relatively easy after pleading guilty to three felonies while in office. Kevin Van Otterloo pleaded guilty to charges of first-degree theft, misconduct and forgery during a two-year period in office. A judge yesterday sentenced Van Otterloo to five years probation, 25-hundred dollars in fines and to make full restitution of more than 101-thousand dollars, including money embezzled, seven-thousand dollars for an audit and court costs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire