A longtime critic of the F-B-I, Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley says he’s encouraged by the moves toward change he’s seeing the agency, but would like to see the changes come a little more quickly. He says they need to move to the forefront of the war on terrorism. Grassley says he places a “high regard” on his constitutional responsibility of congressional oversight of federal agencies. He says he’s been going “head to head” with the F-B-I for some time, especially when it comes to the persecution of whistle-blowers. He says the F-B-I is on a short leash because we need to make sure there’s not another attack like September 11th.Grassley says even the F-B-I’s director has said in internal memos that change is needed in many areas and it’s needed quickly.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature