Northern Iowa dropped its Missouri Valley Conference opener at home to pre-season favorite Creighton. the Blue Jays took command early and cruised to a 65-52 victory in the UNI-Dome.U-N-I coach Greg McDermott says his young team doesn’t understand that the way they practice carries over onto the game floor. The Panthers held leading scorer Kyle Korver to just eight-points but McDermott says he was stll a factor. He says Korver played within himself and didn’t force things, but he says offensively they didn’t do enough to win after holding Korver down. Creighton coach Dana Altman says his team played well despite not shooting well.Larry House led Creighton with a game-high 20-points.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature