Linn County authorities charged two Cedar Rapids men with stealing an automatic teller machine from a convenience store in Coggin early yesterday. The suspects fled the store with the A-T-M in a van and dumped it out in the road to block a pursuing squad car. Both men were caught a short time later after their van wrecked near Central City. They’re identified as 24-year-old Travis Sojka (soy’-kah) and 30-year-old Jeremy Jones. Both face burglary charges and Sojka is also charged with several traffic offenses.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- New challenge to law banning books that describe sex acts from Iowa schools
- Ernst saved from choking during Senate GOP lunch
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record